Friday, September 6 th till Sunday, September 8th, 2024
During The Second weekend of September, Het Pachthof organizes the Liberation Festivities of Borlo in cooperation with various re-enactor groups.
The Liberation Festivities bring an atmosphere from the history of the Second World War, more specifically the period September 1944. Although there were no fights in Borlo and the surrounding area during the entire war period, the municipality of Borlo was also able to experience the liberation of the occupiers.
During this weekend of commemoration, we would like to present a living exhibition of daily life in a rural community. However, we also show how the soldiers spent their time in the encampments. These camps are set up in and around Het Pachthof for the English and US, soldiers. The German camp can be found on the Oppemveld holding basin just outside the village center of Borlo.
On Saturday and Sunday afternoon, a battle takes place at this basin.
If you would like to experience the atmosphere of liberation during this weekend Optimal “real”, look in the attic for time-bound clothing from the war period and visit us in this clothing.
Friday, September 6th, 2024
- 9 hours arrival and construction of the camp
- PARACHUTAGE between 18:00 and 19:30, a parachuting is planned in the area of the Wachtbekken with Battle between Resistance and Germans. Entry : €2.50 per person.
- Cozy togetherness – Pachthof
Saturday, September 7th, 2024
- 10 am – camp open for viewing of displays
- 10:30 am – Tour in the area
- 14:30 pm – Battle at the Wachtbekken in Borlo (Entry €2,50 /person)
- 19 am – Cozy get-together – Pachthof
Sunday, September 8th, 2024
- 11 am – Ceremony at Het Pachthof
- 12 am – Camp open for visitors
- 14:30 pm – Battle (Entry €2,50 /person)
- 17:30 pm – End of liberation parties
You are very welcome, to help immerse Borlo back in the atmosphere of liberation 1944.
INFO: Het Pachthof – Borlo +32 11 88 39 23 – email@example.com
Organization: Friends Museum Winter 1944 NPO in collaboration with Het Pachthof – Borlo and municipality of Gingelom